B ikini over at Pantsfreesia (also a lady whom I work with in a remote kinda way) tagged me for a meme, I suspect largely because I’ve been a bit of a bummer lately and the goings on at work didn’t help and I figure she knows I needed a diversion.
Now, I’ve never “memed” in my life–that I know of–and though I had an idea what a meme was, I had to look it up. It seems there are rules to this memeing and so I’m going to give it my best shot and see what happens.
This particular Meme originated from Mommy Needs Therapy and has made its way down to my proverbial neck of the Internet. The idea is to write a six-word memoir of your life.
Egad! Six words? Folks, I’ve never summed anything up in my life in less than 20 words (er…except maybe that time when my motorcycle went skidding out of control on some pinestraw and I could see a big tree coming up quickly on my left side and I couldn’t do anything about it. I think I uttered two very succinct words then, “Oh” and “SHI*!”)
- Write your own six word memoir.
- Post it to your blog including a visual illustration if you would like.
- Link to the person who tagged you in your post and to this original post if possible so we can track it as it travels across the blogsphere
- Tag 5 more blogs with links
- Don’t forget to leave a comment in the tagged blogs with an invitation to play
So, without further ado, here’s my memoir:
…*sigh*…this is difficult….”Satisfactory goals, unsatisfactorily met, looking forward”
I realize this sounds horribly egocentric, but after all, it’s my memoir, not my eulogy. I hope my eulogy is significantly more upbeat, being delivered by my uber-successful children and a wife who didn’t spend her best years helping me get up out of my chair because I over-extended myself.
Duty done, now I’m passing this along.
TAG! The following people are IT:
– Trisha over at TrishaTruly
– Leighton over at My Best Investments
– Father of Five (cuz dude, with that many kids, I KNOW you’ve got a memoir waiting in the wings!)
– Allison at That’s What She Blogged
There now…all done!
Oh, and don’t forget that there’s a Woot!-off going on today!