I was prepared today for another soul-wrenching expose about myself, but ExMi over at “A Bad Mommy’s Blog” hit me with a meme and this one actually looks fun, so I’m gonna go that route rather than sit on the psychiatry couch this morning. If you haven’t checked out “A Bad Mommy’s Blog,” you really should. It’s pretty great.
Anyway, here’s my meme:
I KNOW it’s a picture, but that’s the point. Here’s the meme rules:
1. Go to your pictures file.
2. Go to the 4th file.
3. Go to the 4th picture.
4. Post it and tell the story.
5. Tag 4 more people.
You might be wondering, “God, THAT’s your fourth picture? Don’t you have like, a family or something?”
Yes, I do, but the way my pictures are organized, what I have just in my “Pictures” file are sort of random leftovers that I have either neglected to file in a sub-file, or neglected to delete altogether.
This picture is the inside of the computer I am currently using. It’s my home computer and I’ve had it for going on five years now. And everyone knows that one computer year is like four dog years or something. So, in the technology realm, this thing is practically geriatric. I took this picture when I had a bad CPU fan and I wasn’t sure whether it needed some weird kind or just a regular one since the one that was in it was branded with the motherboard’s manufacturer (Gigabyte).
Anyway, despite the age of my system, it still kicks butt. In my all-knowing wisdom, when I bought it, I told the shop to put together a computer for me that I can upgrade the hell out of so I don’t have to buy a new one in a couple of years. I also had them put the fastest chip on the market in it, which was a Pentium 4 2.6Ghz with Hyperthreading. Yeah, only a few of you will get what that means, but it’s unimportant.
In the last five years, I’ve made the following upgrades:
- Installed 2G worth of memory (RAM)
- Upgraded my 16Mb video card to a 256Mb video card
- Replaced numerous fans, including the one over the processor that the white arrow is pointing to.
- Added a new, larger hard drive
- Added a new DVD burner
- Added a wireless card
- and I think that’s it
So yeah, I’m pretty proud of the old girl. She still plays any video game I can stick on it; she plays HD video off the Internet with nary a stutter, and other than sounding like she’s a jet engine taking off from a battlecruiser thanks to all the noisy fans I have in there, she’ll probably keep me going for another couple of years.
There you have it. And now…I’m so sorry, but there are rules:
The following people have been tagged and will be notified appropriately:
– Birdpress (cuz she needs to share more of herself with her readers)
– Pantsfreesia (cuz I’m hoping we’ll get something from one of her recent DragonCon outings)
– That’s What She Blogged (cuz she’s a sucker for these kinds of things and usually has some really great pics)
– Talkin’ Trash with Trisha (cuz her life is like a box of chocolates…you never know what you’re gonna get!)